Check out is at 9am peak season (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend) & 10am all other times.
There is a $50 fee per hour for any unapproved late departures. Please note: we can no longer allow late checkouts during the months of June, July & August. Late check outs are not permitted if there is an arrival on the same day, and can not be determined until the day of your arrival or at some point during your stay. DO NOT wait until late the night before, or the morning of your check out day to inquire. Our housekeepers and service crew already have their day scheduled and you will not be approved.
- Put all trash in cans provided outside for pick up.
- Wash and put away dishes, or start dishwasher.
- Clean food out of fridge & freezer.
- Scrape grill and wash grill utensils.
- Leave all wet towels in bathtub or shower.
- Please- do not remake beds.
- Clean up outside area (cig. Butts/trash/cans) & return lawn furniture to how you found it.
- Be sure any furniture, TV cords, & remotes are how you found them.
- Return kayaks/canoes & life vests to where you found them.
- For homes with Hot Tubs- be sure jets are off and covers are secured with provided straps.
- If you have a pet, please be sure you have cleaned up after it, inside and out!
- Check home for personal belongings- (chargers, towels, clothing..etc)
- Report anything you may have damaged. (Damaged or missing items will be charged to the card on file).
- Turn ALL heat thermostats to 60°- (or turn air conditioners off).
- Be Sure all appliance are off, as well as any fireplaces and space heaters.
- Make sure all windows & doors are locked EXCEPT main door.
- Leave key on kitchen table or counter. (if you accidentally take the key home with you please mail back asap to avoid a replacement charge.)
- Shut off all lights.
*Failure to follow check out procedures or leaving a home in such a condition that requires excessive cleaning beyond the normal amount required will result in an additional charge to your card on file.
*We inspect homes for damages after each departure. We understand things can be missed so it is important that any prior damages are reported with in the first 24 hours of your stay to avoid being held responsible. Any damaged or missing items will be charged to the card on file.