The Agreement Form must be signed AND have a valid credit card on it; before we can save your reservation.
Please read all the way to the bottom.
We understand these rules are long; but when managing homes for others,
the rules need to be clear & concise for everyone.
The person booking the home and paying the deposit is in charge and responsible for their guests,
so make sure your guests know the description of the home, and these rental terms.
Northern Properties reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Check availability before you book a home. Each home has its own calendar. YES, our calendars are up to date! A WEEK IS 7 NIGHTS. Some homes are booking Sunday to Sunday OR Saturday to Saturday. Ask about a 6 night rate; available in some homes.
- Online Bookings still have to be approved by management. Online Booking does not give rates. The email that you get immediately after booking a home is not from a real person, it is automatic.
- Do not book online if you plan to arrive within 2 days. Your reservation may not be confirmed, and you may not have a place to stay.
- Do not book a home unless you are prepared to pay the deposit. Review the cancellation policy below.
- If you are allergic to pets; DO NOT choose a home that is pet friendly!
- Do not reserve less than a week Mid June thru August without approval. A week is 7 nights. Most homes require a 3 night stay. We reserve the right to refuse rentals that are less than 3 nights.
- There will be a cleaning fee for any reservations that are less than a week.
- After making a reservation, fax or mail the agreement form with a credit card # on it. (Debit cards will no longer be accepted on the Rental Agreement Form.) It is mandatory that you pay a deposit on a credit card. A credit card (NOT debit card) is required in order to book a home.
- If you make a reservation and don't show up, you are responsible for the entire balance. You are also responsible for the entire balance if you leave early.
- You will not have a reservation unless you have submitted the Agreement form with a valid credit card.
- The person signing the Agreement form must also be staying in the home.
CLICK HERE FOR THE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE Please know the check-in procedure before you leave home!
(you cannot rely on cell phone coverage up here!)
For a list of things to bring, CLICK HERE
Deposits & Cancellation Policy- A deposit is a partial payment on a home that we agree to save for you. While holding the home for you, we have turned others away. You will be asked to sign an agreement form stating that you understand our policy. We do not operate like a hotel. Please read the Rental Terms and Cancellation Policy.
Winter deposits are negotiable due to the weather.
Canceling a Peak Season weekly rental: Deposits are non-refundable unless we are able to fill your spot. There is a $100 cancellation fee. We will let you know, or you can check our online calendar. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but if a home is being held for you, we have already turned people away.
Canceling an Off Peak weekly rental: Deposits are refundable, minus a cancellation/booking fee. That fee could be $50 or $100, depends on the home that you rented.
Canceling a Daily rental: Non-refundable during Peak Seasons. During off peak seasons we keep a booking fee of $50, as long as you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival.
PEAK SEASON IS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THROUGH LABOR DAY WEEKEND. OFF PEAK IS ALL OTHER TIMES.
Weekly rentals are $250 or $500, The description of each home lists what the deposit amount is, $250 or $500. Daily rentals are $150
If you pay your deposit online using Paypal and use a debit card or Echeck, there will be a delay. Paypal does not notify us until it clears, which means you may lose out on your home!
Please notify us so we can make arrangements to save the dates for you until it clears. Using a credit card will be immediate!
If we have not received the deposit AND Agreement form within 10 days; we will cancel the reservation, unless other arrangements have been made. We accept Visa, Mastercard, & Discover. If you would like to send payments to put towards your reservation; the address is below.
- Make checks payable to Northern Properties or DI Vacation Properties
- Mail to: 29507 E Channel Rd, Drummond Island, MI 49726
Sales Tax- 6% Michigan sales tax and 2% room tax will be added to all rentals.
Pay online at the button below! You can use a Paypal account, or most credit cards.
Checking out- Check-Out time is 9am during peak season, 10am during Off peak. If you know that you are departing earlier than 9am, please let us know so we can schedule it early. Late check outs are NOT permitted during July or August.
Housekeeping will show up shortly after check out time. If your unapproved late check-out interferes with our housekeeping schedule, you will be charged an additional $200.
Guests are expected to perform reasonable cleaning during your stay, there is a check list HERE.
Trash Removal - Please have your trash in the garbage cans outside of the home, we will come by during the week to collect it. We will not collect trash that is too large for the can, or trash containing animal remains. Your credit card will be billed for any trash that we could not dispose of in our regular dumpster. If you throw fish guts in the garbage, there will be a fee to remove it!
Pet Friendly Homes - If you are allergic to pets; DO NOT book a home that allows pets.
Trailers & Extra Vehicles- It is your responsibility to ask about parking. Some homes will not accommodate extra vehicles or trailers.
Non-Smoking Homes - ALL OF OUR HOMES ARE NOW NON-SMOKING. If you or your guests smoke inside of a home; you will be billed for the cost to restore the home to 'non-smoking'. Costs involved might be: washing all blankets & pillows, window treatments, furniture, and for the labor.
Capacity & Guests - Do not go over the amount of people that is allowed in the home. Kids are considered people too, other than babies in cribs. No campers allowed. Please get permission ahead of time for guests & pets arriving during the week.
Neighbors - Please remember that your rental home is located in a quiet neighborhood. No loud parties after 11pm, no fireworks, no trespassing on property that is not part of your rental home. If you are not sure, please ask!
NOT Allowed- Fireworks, Air conditioners or extra heaters, campers or tents. No driving on the lawn with any motorized vehicle.
Pet Policy and Fees (all pets must be approved, we do not usually allow more than 1 pet in a home at a time)
- Each unit lists whether or not pets are allowed. For the units listing INQUIRE, please contact our office to see if your pet meets the owner's requirements.
- All pets must be approved, we reserve the right to refuse any pet or more than 1 pet
- There is a charge of $70 extra per week, or $10 per day, per pet.
- If you are staying one night, the pet fee is $20
- If you bring a pet and do not report it, we will charge your credit card (or the card on file) for required fees.
- If you bring a pet to a "no pet home" the fee is $200, plus the cost to restore the home to a 'no pet home'.
- We reserve the right to refuse pets, even in a home that allows pets.
- You must clean up after your pet, inside and outside. If you need a shovel we would be happy to supply you with one.
- If we see a pet at a 'no pet' home during your stay, you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Pets are NOT ALLOWED on the beds or furniture. Blankets that are left with pet hair that doesn't wash out, are no longer useable by other guests. You will be billed for replacement costs!
Please note: We love pets and would like to allow them in all homes. But some owners would prefer not to. We have to honor this. Our pet policy is not because we think your pet will misbehave, it's because of pet hair, messes, and scents that each pet leaves behind. We know that you are bringing your pet on vacation because he is part of the family, and is well behaved. The next guest may not own a pet and it wouldn't be fair if they could tell there was a pet.
Boats & Dock space - If your rental home says it comes with a free fishing boat, they are 14 foot aluminum boats with NO MOTOR. You can bring a motor, or rent one. Northern Properties does not own motors; we would be happy to help you find one to rent.
Please do not show up with a boat without talking to us regarding water levels, and size of the dock. We cannot guarantee that the dock at your rental home will accommodate your boat, or that the water level is high enough. Most of the rental home docks will only hold ONE boat.
We can help you find a fishing boat or pontoon to rent. The homes do not have ramps. You'll have to put the boat in at a Marina. Northern Properties does not deliver boats. If you rent a boat from a Marina you are responsible for making arrangements with them. When you check in, we will show you a map of where your home is, and where the business is that you rented the boat from.
If you are bringing your own boat; you are responsible for the safety of it, and the equipment in it. If you feel the dock space that we have provided is inadequate, take your boat out of the water and DO NOT keep it there. Your insurance will have to cover damages, Michigan is a NO FAULT state, and the homeowners insurance will NOT cover your property.
Non-Sufficient Funds- A service charge of $30.00 will be charged for any NSF check. We can not re-deposit. You must send a certified check or money order for the amount of check + $30.00 fee.
Telephone, Internet and Satellite Pay Per View - Homes with a phone do not have long distance. You must use a calling card or call collect. Do not order Pay Per View channels on the Satellite TV. A $25.00 collection fee will be charged in addition to charges on a phone or satellite bill. The Library has internet access. The Tourism office has free wi-fi.
Hot Tub Units
- Supervise your children at all times, while using the hot tub.
- Hot tubs are not to be used as a pool. No diving/jumping. Water levels will go down and you will be charged for us to drive to the home and fill the tub.
- Your hot tub has been serviced for your arrival. The homes have well water; there may be white flakes in the tub that can be confused as sand/dirt.
- Northern Properties and the homeowners will not be held responsible for injuries that occur while using a hot tub; use of a hot tub is at your own risk.
- Do not bring items into the hot tub that can get caught in the filter, such as toys.
- If you damage a hot tub, you will be held responsible for any charges that are incurred for fixing it.
- If you leave the hot tub excessively dirty, or we find clothing/toys in the filter, there will be a $45 fee for draining and cleaning the hot tub.
- Showering off before getting into the hot tub will help keep your tub clean.
- Hot tub covers are expensive to replace. When uncovering the tub, handle the cover carefully, do not sit/jump on the cover. They are only made of Styrofoam!
- Do not leave the cover off when not in use. The tub will get full of leaves/dirt.
- Try not to push the buttons on the control panel. If you need to adjust the temperature, just press that button. Pushing a sequence of buttons will put the tub in sleep mode and will not heat up!
Furnishings and Equipment - Each unit reflects the taste of it's owner. All homes are equipped with basic items such as linens, pillows, blankets, 1 Color TV, pots/pans, microwaves, toasters, coffee makers, dishes and anything you should need for preparing meals. Specialty items vary, call for details pertaining to each home.
In order to keep costs down, we do not require that home owners purchase new bedding and linens every season. We do try to weed out linens that have stains and holes. If you find something in the linens that should be thrown out, please leave a note for the cleaners or bring it to our office. You can help us by not using the linens for anything other than their intended purpose!
We supply a limited amount of towels, and 1 set of sheets for your weekly stay. Please do not use the extra sheets unless you are prepared to wash them. We supply enough toilet paper and paper towel to get you started, you are responsible for the rest of your stay. If you forgot something, the grocery store has everything you should need. If you forget your hair dryer or clothes iron, we have one you can borrow.
Damages, malfunctioning equipment- If there is a problem due to MALFUNCTIONING EQUIPMENT, report it immediately, (do not fix things on your own) whenever possible - do not leave your report until check-out, for that will affect the next guests. We will do our best to fix or replace malfunctioning items.
We do not issue refunds for problems with Satellite TV, phone, internet, VCR/DVD players, hot tubs, games/pool tables, or anything else that is not considered a necessity. We will make every effort to have repairs done ASAP, however there are limited service contractors in our area.
You will be held responsible for any damages to the rental home or property, caused by you or your guests. Homes are inspected after each guest. If any items are missing; you will be charged.
Many homes have a locked closet that belongs to the owner. Tampering with locked doors will result in a charge to your credit card, and legal action by the owners!
These homes are privately owned and loved by its owner. Please take care of the home and the furnishings as if it was your own. Turning the heat up then opening the doors and windows is a waste of energy and money. Please help us keep our costs down so we don't have to raise rental rates.